Dementia Awareness Week 2016 is done and what a week it was! Dementia Friends Champions across the country were running thousands of Information Sessions, organisations were encouraging their staff to get involved and thousands of people across different communities were becoming Dementia Friends and turning their understanding into action.
Here are a few highlights from the week:
A small selection of the organisations who got involved:
- Several members of Chester Bach Singers became Dementia Friends.
- The Women In Business Network made 12 new Dementia Friends at their Information Session.
- Members from the Sheltered Team at the Pool Housing Partnership are now proud Dementia Friends
- At South Norfolk Council today, 31 members of staff became Dementia Friends
- Cambridgeshire Fire And Rescue’s new Dementia Friends at their HQ
Alzheimer’s Society is committed to building a dementia-friendly generation of young people who can help support people affected by dementia in their community. Over 1,000 young people became Dementia Friends during Dementia Awareness Week.
Photos from @Bedspolice, @Morgan_Suz & @MargoG11
And there was even some baking done…
Thank you for all your support during Dementia Awareness Week 2016 – together we have had a real impact on the lives of people affected by dementia. Let’s keep it going!